Saturday 22 May 2010

Rhian Sarah In The Garden: Flying The Nest

Today was the day. The seeds left their small small pots and ventured in the outside for the first time. I'll be honest I had to think long and hard as to whether they were ready. I decided they were ready.

Here's the Vegetable and Fruit Planter primed and ready for action. Dun't it look like a big chocolate brownie? Mmmm.

IMG_2354

Here are the plants ready to go. Look how big they are now! Incredibly proud. I am aware there is a rogue in there but don't worry he will shortly be removed from the premises. Charlatan.

IMG_2351

4 courgettes + 1 lettuce. Thanks to the people who took some :)

IMG_2352

First courgette to go in. Alan now keeps harping on at me to sink pot into the surrounding soil so that the water can drain down properly. He's so bloody insistent. Just calm down Alan.

IMG_2355

So here's about half all snuggled in. I still have about 300 lettuces to go and we had to extend a little. I knew that planter wasn't up to the job.

IMG_2357

Security.

IMG_2361

And here's some lettuce in a collander good to go. I can barely contain my excitement. This is going to be like no salad I've ever tasted before.

IMG_2356

I'll let you know how it goes.